29 April 2008

Success - sort of

Here are some photos from our gold panning expedition. It is one of the really beautiful parts of the country that looks like Ireland. We found a few flakes which for us was very exciting. The president of the gold panning association who took us around said the water was high and we wouldn't really find anything. I don't know what he finds normally but we were happy with anything. Luckily the sun came out or I don't think I would have found anything without the sparkle. I don't have a picture of the tiny bits - not sure it would really show up in a photo. It was fun though. I think my dad and Dar are instinctive treasure hunters.




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on your find. I've never been gold panning before. I don't think I would have the patience for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photos are great! It sounds like fun. I need to give a gold panning expedition gift to my Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the photos. Nice to see you guys after these many years. It looks like fun, not very warm work though from the looks of it. Will you spend or keep your gold?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice photos.

    That's definitely a creative way to get to spend time with the family and do something memorable at the same time.

    ReplyDelete